Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Between Rio And Tokyo Olympics, Simone Biles Has ‘Really Found’ Her Voice
Between Rio And Tokyo Olympics, Simone Biles Has ‘Really Found’ Her Voice And ‘Used That For Good In The World’

[Image: 960x0.jpg?fit=scale]

If you would have asked Simone Biles a few years ago whether she would be comfortable using her voice and her platform to speak up for what she believes in off the gymnastics mat, she would have said she was “a little nervous.” After all, to this day, people still tell her that as an athlete, she shouldn’t speak about anything other than her sport.

But Biles “has had so much growth over the years,” and that includes gaining the confidence to use her voice, she said Wednesday at the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) media summit.

“Now that I kind of found my voice, I feel like not only can it benefit me, the team and the people that I'm supporting and advocating for, but it kind of helps everybody and people get to see a little bit of who you are just besides an athlete and what you stand for,” Biles said.

At 24 years old, Biles is already arguably the greatest gymnast of all time—and she is definitively the most decorated American gymnast ever, with five Olympic medals and 25 world championships medals.

She has become omnipresent, through her recent series of Uber Eats commercials with Queer Eye star Jonathan Van Ness and as one of the faces of Nike NKE -0.5%. Indeed, her sponsors and partners have “become like family” during the last year, Biles says, with their support of her training during the pandemic, their concern for her mental health and their investment in her “as an athlete and as a person.”

Read More : pg slot